Buying kayaks is not only for those who live near the water. If you are fond of vacationing in Myrtle Beach, this is one water sport that is truly worth considering. Kayaking is a fun activity that you and your friends and family can do while you are on vacation. It is a great way to get some exercise while being able to cruise through the waters and enjoy the scenery.
You can either rent or buy the equipment that you need for kayaking. There are lots of rental shops that you can go to in Myrtle Beach for all the equipment that you need. You and the rest of your group can have lots of fun kayaking, so you may want to consider buying your own gear and equipment so you can instantly hit the water anytime you go for a weekend vacation.
If you are considering buying kayaks, here are some factors that you should think about.
1. The type of water where you will be using the kayaking equipment. Kayaking can be done in various types of water. Aside from lakes, you can also go kayaking in the ocean, river or bay. You could practically do it in any type of water. But you need to identify first the specific type of water where you will be kayaking because this will help you choose the most appropriate type of equipment to purchase.
2. The number of hours you plan to paddle. You should know that each type of kayak is specifically designed for a specific purpose, primarily how long you are planning to paddle. Some equipment is designed to provide you with safe and efficient paddling for several hours while others are designed for long-hour and even overnight paddling.
Those that are made narrow are designed for use in long distances and for those who want to paddle faster. Those that are made for recreational purposes, on the other hand, are wider and more stable than others that are available in the market. If you are not sure which specific design to purchase, experts at Downwind Surf & Paddle Company can help you choose the most appropriate equipment for your specific purpose.
3. The two general types of kayaks. There are two general types of kayaking equipment available in the market. These are the sit-on-top or sit-inside. Each has specific uses and benefits. The sit-on-top design is best for use in warmer water. Most paddlers find this design more stable, providing them easy access to the boat when entering or exiting.
The sit-inside option, on the other hand, is best for use in colder waters as it includes a cockpit where the paddler will sit and be protected from being splashed by the cold water. This type of kayaking equipment is made narrow to accommodate for faster paddling.
4. The size of the person who will be using the equipment. Most of the kayaking equipment that is available in the market today is designed to fit a wide range of people, regardless of their height and weight. On the other hand, to be sure that you buy the most comfortable type of equipment, you may want to consider your height and weight. Remember that there is kayaking equipment that is specifically designed for taller individuals and there are those that are made for shorter paddlers.
5. Your spending budget. There is all kinds of kayaking equipment available on the market today so you are sure to find one that fits your needs and budget. On the other hand, like all other investments and purchases, the more expensive the equipment is, the more features you will get. Some of the features that are worth considering include comfortable seats, hull designs and raw materials used.
Renting a kayak before you invest your hard earned money can be beneficial. Downwind Surf & Paddleboard Company has kayaks for rent by the hour, half day or full day.
Downwind Surf & Paddleboard Company
2985 S Ocean Blvd
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577